Welcome to the website of crime writer Pete Trewin (Goodreads profile here). My first novel, A Fair Wack, and my second, Time Lapse, are available as paperbacks and ebooks on Amazon: Amazon.co.uk: Pete Trewin: Books – A Fair Wack here, and Time Lapse here. You can read reviews on the Amazon and also on the Goodreads pages. The first three chapters of each book can be viewed on the relevant My Books page. My third book Not Without Risk is nearing completion. I have started a blog in which I occasionally review books and films and set up pages covering the settings of my novels and my interests which range from rock climbing to conservation of historic buildings and areas. Please let me know what you think. Good or bad!
In March 2016 Time Lapse was included in Awesome Indies’ list of quality books by independently published authors recommended by publishing professionals as meeting mainstream publishing standards of quality. Their criteria are:
- The book is correctly formatted for fiction;
- The cover looks professional;
- The plot is well structured, well paced, conceptually sound and engaging;
- The characters are well developed and their dialogue and interactions with others are believable;
- The book is not overwritten or unnecessarily wordy; for instance; no obvious dumps of information, unnecessary repetition or irrelevant scenes;
- Changes in point of view are clear. No head-hopping;
- The prose is well written and engaging. Where appropriate for the genre, voice and intention, the story is shown rather than told and the writing active rather than passive;
- The book has been line edited, copy edited and proofread, and the grammar, spelling and punctuation usage is consistent throughout.
You can read their review here In July 2016 A Fair Wack was also included in the Awesome Indies list.